Announcement

REXYGEN forum has been moved. This one is closed.
Head over to the new REXYGEN Community Forum at https://forum.rexygen.com.

Looking forward to meeting you there!

#1 2015-12-05 06:23:26

deepak

Ready made HMI elements

Hi, I am finding your HMI very tough to build from the ground up. I hope you will create ready made buttons, switches, indicators , sliders , knobs etc like it is provided with a DCS system of say Metso or Siemens. When we want to implement solutions using rex controls, most of the time is spent on system integration and developing control logic. Having readymade HMI components that can be quickly integrated with the logic will make Rex controls give some very serious competition to the heavyweight PLC and DCS vendors.

#2 2015-12-06 08:34:19

jaroslav_sobota
Administrator

Re: Ready made HMI elements

As a small company, we are pleased that you are thinking about our solutions as a competition to control systems from such huge companies. Thanks for that!

We do have ready made elements in our RexHMI extension for Inkscape, see the screenshot attached. These can be connected to the signals in the control algorithm quite quickly.
Rex-HMI-components.png

When comparing the HMI to e.g. WinCC from Siemens, please keep in mind that our HMI is completely free.

Moreover, if you are not satisfied with such a simple HMI, you can always use third-party professional HMI solutions (InTouch, Genesis, Reliance, etc.) and connect via OPC DA.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any additional information. And thanks for your feedback!

#3 2015-12-08 07:42:28

deepak

Thank you. I did not notice there are readymade components. Will work on integrating them asap.

Yes. The functional blocks in Rex controls are very good. We are using the Metso MaxDNA DCS system here at our power plant and Rex even has readymade function blocks that support PID auto tuning whereas Metso has none ! Good Job !

#4 2015-12-08 16:37:38

jaroslav_sobota
Administrator

Glad I could help. And thanks for the compliments!

Board footer