Announcement

REXYGEN forum has been moved. This one is closed.
Head over to the new REXYGEN Community Forum at https://forum.rexygen.com.

Looking forward to meeting you there!

#1 2018-09-05 13:46:08

rexpeter

SETPB string connection to parameter

Hi,
I'm facing a problem using the SETPB (Blocks for remote parameter setting) in a project.
I would like to activate multiple CNB blocks in one shot from a web page. Based on the description of this block, this would be the one to be used.
With a string containing a single parameter, it is no problem, but that is not what I want.
Screenshot
As I could not find any "example project" that is using this block, I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.
Based on the block description, I have set the SETF parameter to "off" so that it will execute the command string based on a change in the "P" input.
Most likely I have a failure int he String to the parameter, but don't know what exactly. Missing a ";" or "," I already tried without succes.
Adding the "&" sign in front of the string also did not help me.

Hopefully you can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

#2 2018-09-05 16:59:28

jaroslav_sobota
Administrator

Re: SETPB string connection to parameter

Hi Peter,
each SETPB block can control only one parameter. Therefore you should use something like this:
setpb.png

In this case, the sc parameter of the SETPB1 block can be set to ".CNB1:YCN"

Is this just an example for understanding the mechanism or do you need this exact configuration in your project? Why not use the output of the CNB_MULTI block directly?

Best regards,
Jaroslav

#3 2018-09-05 21:15:14

rexpeter

Hi Jaroslav,

Thanks for clarification on this.

I did figure out that this was also possible, but wanted to minimize the amount of blocks to use.
I assume the same thing will apply to the SETPI, SETPR and SETPS blocks, control of only one parameter.

Reason why I want to use this is that I have about 20 or 30 different outputs that can be switch ON / OFF, but not all of need to be activated all the time.
However if someone would like to turn ON all outputs at the same moment, I want to avoid that 30 push buttons on the website have to be pressed. Just ONE should do the job, but you are still able to select those that should be OFF separately.

Best regards,
Peter

#4 2018-09-06 07:04:34

jaroslav_sobota
Administrator

Hi Peter,
yes the same applies to SETPI, SETPR and SETPS blocks. If you want to minimize the number of blocks, you can use the SGSLP block, which can control up to 16 parameters at once.

Thanks for clarification, now I understand the functionality. I guess you could achieve this with RS flip-flop blocks as well but I believe you have your reasons.

Kind regards,
Jaroslav

Board footer