Announcement

REXYGEN forum has been moved. This one is closed.
Head over to the new REXYGEN Community Forum at https://forum.rexygen.com.

Looking forward to meeting you there!

#1 2018-10-11 20:41:08

rexpeter

New platform support for Synology NAS

Hi,

I am just wondering if there is any consideration using Synology NAS as platform for this fantastic software.
Since there are multiple Apps running on the Synology NAS series, including for instance Domoticz software, I thought it would be worth suggesting this to consider for future expansion of platforms.
A Synology server is continuously running, relatively cheap and reliable with sufficient disc space ;-).
Of course it is limited with available "external connections". But for instance using it as "server" for Modbus TCP it factually should do the job I would say.
Not sure if Modbus through a USB to serial converter attached to the USB port of it ever would work. But I'm not an expert in evaluating that.

Best regards,
Peter

Last edited by rexpeter (2018-10-14 19:00:49)

#2 2018-10-15 06:31:03

jaroslav_sobota
Administrator

Re: New platform support for Synology NAS

Hi Peter,
thanks for your proposal. So far our users mount the Synology NAS as NFS on their Raspberry Pi for data storage. In general, I understand the idea and you are right, remote I/Os over Modbus TCP would do the job.

Given the fact that REXYGEN is targeted mainly at industrial automation, there are other platforms which are on our radar for the nearest future.

With kind regards,
Jaroslav

Board footer