Announcement

REXYGEN forum has been moved. This one is closed.
Head over to the new REXYGEN Community Forum at https://forum.rexygen.com.

Looking forward to meeting you there!

#1 2016-11-25 13:57:35

mkrupicka

RexHMI Designer

Hello,

I have some troubles using new integrated RexHMI Designer (inkscape). Could you get me some hints what can be wrong?

1) I the new Rex version I use default security with user "admin" and blank password. The new integrated inkscape (RexHMI Designer) requires to use it as well when connecting the "Rex HMI Config" object to the Rex executive using CTRL+E.
Here I let the original configuration, for example target_url: 10.1.1.100/rex and the other options are blank or set to false (show..,use..,kiosk..). When I click on Browse, I am asked for credentials. If I use the default one as mentioned before, I get an error message: Target ws://10.1.1.100/rex is offline!
What can be wrong?

Point 1 solved once I modified the target to: target_url: 10.1.1.100:8008/rex
But additional question appeared: should /rex still be used in the address in 2.50?

2) After I will get over that trouble, I am not sure if I still must export the drawing in inkscape (RexHMI Designer) to the HTML using CTRL+H or if I should only save it (as SVG) and let the Rex compiler do this job ...

BTW, when converting a drawing that contains pipes into the new version, the pipes become corrupted. Is that a known issue?

Thank you in advance for answer,
Michal

Last edited by mkrupicka (2016-11-25 14:02:33)

#2 2016-11-25 14:31:41

tomáš čechura
Administrator

Re: RexHMI Designer

Hi Michal,

thank you for your question.

ad 1)
There is no need for any suffix in the target_url parameter (i.e. /rex) any more. Even a port doesn't have to be specified - IP address is enough.

ad2)
Both ways are possible. The one more comfortable (from my point of view) is using HMI function block within exec file. Additional information can be found here:
HMI function block docs
RexHMI docs
Adding user interface within "Getting started with Rex and Raspberry Pi" manual

ad3)
What exactly do you mean by corrupted? Can you post some screenshot, please?

If you require any further information, let me know.

Cheers, Tomas

Last edited by tomáš čechura (2016-11-28 10:25:27)

#3 2016-11-25 14:48:38

mkrupicka

tomáš čechura wrote:

Hi Michal,

thank you for your question.

ad 1)
There is no need for any suffix in the target_url parameter (i.e. /rex) any more. Even a port doesn't have to be specified - IP address is enough.

OK, it seems working normally without /rex in targert_url. But without specifying the port (i.e. :8008) in target_url parameter I get "offline" error as described before. Anyway, with port it works :-).
I should mention that I made fresh installation of 2.50 from the scratch rather than performing upgrade and everything was let "default".

tomáš čechura wrote:

ad3)
What exactly do you mean by corrupted? Can you post some screenshot, please?

Unfortunately no. The issue was that some of the pipes became short and some (I think T-connection) scaled in one axis.
However, when I performed the "Partial" conversion instead of "Full" conversion, it remained OK - same position, same size.

ad4)
Further question - there is a new item in your HIM Designer Library - TRND.
Could you post more detailed description on its use, i.e. how to link it in "Rex Hmi Config" object and how to setup parameters in "Connections" (disable_by, hide_by) and "Options" (title, signals, buffersize, refreshrate, hidelegend) tab, please? Part of it seems obvious and can be tested using trial-error method but for all other users it might useful to have more detailed description here since I has not found no description of it.

BTW - many thanks for this TRND feature in HMI, powerfull tool.

Last edited by mkrupicka (2016-11-25 17:55:17)

#4 2016-11-28 11:08:44

tomáš čechura
Administrator

Hi Michal,

ad 1)
Sorry, that was my mistake. You are absolutely right - port number must be in "target_url" parameter. The reason for that is possible configuration of web server port (for more details on RexCore configuration see RexCore Configuration Guide)

ad 3)
"Partial" conversion is recommended. I'm glad you made it work.

ad 4)
Will post soon an example on how to use trend in RexHMI - seems like useful tool for many our users.

Cheers, Tomas

#5 2017-03-12 18:06:10

marek

Hello,
may I ask you about your support? I have tried to create some vizualization, but I don't know the relationship between xRange, xSignalMax and xSignalMin. Do you have some description or documentation?

Thank you,
Marek

#6 2017-03-13 13:12:23

jaroslav_sobota
Administrator

Hi Marek,
what component are you trying to use?

Best regards,
Jaroslav

#7 2017-03-14 11:44:25

marek

Hello Jaroslav,
I am sorry, but I forgot upload the link with the picture. I want to use translation x.
https://www.rexcontrols.cz/forum/img/me … lement.jpg

Marek

#8 2017-03-14 15:47:48

tomáš čechura
Administrator

Hello Marek,

the documentation for RexHMI components is not available yet.

Parameters xSignalMax and xSignalMin define the range of signal in REX which you assigned to this component.
Parameter xRange means range of translation in resulting HMI in pixels.

In other words: If you connect the component to the signal in REX with range e.g. 0-10 (can be e.g. 0-10V analog input), your xSignalMin is 0 and xSignalMax is 10.

So if the assigned signal in REX will change from 0 to 10 the object will move in x direction by "xRange" pixels.

If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.

Cheers, Tomas

Board footer